Our beginner bike rides are a fun, supportive way to get into cycling, whether it’s for transport or for fitness. If you’re new to riding a bike, then our rides can help you to:
- Gain confidence and become comfortable at riding
- Learn skills and tips to keep you safe on a bike
- Discover lovely traffic-free riding routes in the area
- Slowly build your fitness
- Meet people who are also new to cycling
The rides are available for anyone aged 18+. They start from the Hub on Stockton High Street, and follow mostly traffic-free cycle paths on short loops suitable for beginners.
If you don’t have a bike yet then that’s fine – we have decent bikes and helmets you can use for the ride. As always, everything we offer is free of charge.
Rides take place every Tuesday at 11am, and will last roughly an hour and a half (with plenty of breaks, don’t worry!)
If you’re interested in taking part then you will need to book in advance by popping into the Hub at 147 High Street, or calling us on 01642 617 672. Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.