Cycling to school is a great way to be active as part of your day – it’ll wake you up in the morning, get you to school fast, and you can ride with friends.
Cycling is proven to be the best form of exercise other than walking as it’s low impact and very efficient.
- 90 per cent of children have got a bike and over 30 per cent would like to cycle to school but only 1 per cent do.
- One in seven kids in the UK have asthma, which has been linked to car fumes.
- One in four car journeys are a bike-friendly two miles or less.
- The number of kids driven to school by car has doubled since 1985.
- On a bike you can travel four times faster than you walk for the same amount of energy.