River Tees Loop: Infinity and Victoria
2.6 miles // 4.1 km
Suitable for all bikes
A good ride for those with not a lot of time. It scoots around Ropner Park, past Grangefield School, and returns along the lovely Stockton Greenway.
Take care when cycling through Ropner Park – it is permitted, but at busy times it is best to push your bike instead.
What You’ll See
Click to open in Google Maps
A wide range of cafés are available on Stockton High Street
Toilets can be found in the Castlegate Centre and in the Shambles in the centre of the High Street
Car parking available at the Castlegate Centre, Mecca Bingo and by the Riverside. Also, there’s free bike parking at the Hub Monday – Friday. Pop in and say hi!
You could start anywhere along this route and ride it in either direction, but for these directions we’ll start by the Riverside Car Park and ride clockwise.
- From the riverside car park, ride with the river to your right, under the Princess Diana Bridge and along past the rowing club towards the Infinity Bridge.
- Just as you pass under the Infinity Bridge, take a sharp left turn uphill, and then out onto a wide open paved space.
- Ride over the Infinity Bridge, and then take a sharp right at the end to come back in line with the river.
- Turn left along the river so the water is to your right, and continue round the canal features, eventually following the path left away from the river and around a large open area of water surrounded by buildings.
- Keeping the water to your right the whole time, you’ll eventually join back onto the river Tees again, where you will turn left.
- Shortly after turning onto the Tees, you’ll need to take another left turn up a skinny path which runs between two buildings and leads out onto a large roundabout.
- Follow the path right, moving past the roundabout and towards the Victoria Bridge.
- Join the cycle path and cross the bridge, keeping on the cycle path and using the pedestrian crossing to get past the entrance to Mecca Bingo.
- Bingo and ending up on a road named Moat Street. You’ll see two entrances to your left – the first is a builders merchants, the second is the cycle path you need to take.
- Follow this path past a small car park, and then take a quick right and left turn to end up back along the river.
- From here it’s plain sailing (or cycling) along the riverside to get back to where you started. Easy!